Miyerkules, Nobyembre 11, 2009
3 cups or 1/2 kilo finely grated cassava
1 cup finely grated coconut
1 cup sugar
15 pcs. banana leaves, blanched
● Combine cassava, grated coconut and sugar.
● Place measured amounts of cassava mixture on each piece of banana leaves.
● Roll leaf, enclosing filling and fold both ends.
● Keep each suman 1.25 cm thick, 4 cm wide and 12.5 cm long.
● Tie the suman in pairs loosely and keep them in shape.
● Arrange on steamer rack in a staggered pile.
● Steam for 30 minutes, counting time when the live steam starts to form.
● Keep the steamer well-supplied with water to prevent the suman from drying out.
● Serve hot or chilled.